Do you want to improve your health and happiness? When you think about your health and happiness what do you think about? Is it diet? Is it more money? Different people have different definitions of happiness. For some people happiness means discovering the true purpose of their life and doing the work that gives them satisfaction.
While for others happiness can be defined as expanding experiences, a happy family, getting huge rewards from small actions and the ability to handle setbacks.
The main purpose of this article is to improve your health and happiness. When you think about health, you should think about all the types of health. These types are physical, mental, social, spiritual and financial health. To improve your physical health, you need physical exercise and good diet. Mental health can be improved by reading good books. Social health can be improved by interacting with new people, by making new friends. To improve spiritual health, you need meditation and prayer. To improve your financial health, you are doing good job, you are reading this blog.
Here are 20 ideas that will help you to improve your health and happiness.
1. Be Grateful – Start your day by feeling grateful for all the good things that you have received in your life. Think only about the positive things that are happening in your life. Visualize what good things you are going to do today. When you feel grateful, you send positive vibrations in the universe and in return, the universe fills your life with more positive things.
2. Give a Gift – According to the law of giving, when you will give, you will have more. Whenever you come in contact with someone, you should give him or her something. It can be a smile, a flower, a compliment or a prayer. Smile! it will make you feel better because you can not think negative thoughts while smiling.
3. Walk Briskly – To feel confident and healthy, you should walk at lest 10% more briskly. You can examine a person’s health and happiness by observing his walk. Walking briskly will make you look more important.
4. Eat Healthy foods – You should eat healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables and nuts. Junk food is not necessary for your body. You are what you eat so when you eat healthy foods, you become healthy and when you eat junk foods you become…….
5. Watch a movie – On weekends, watch a good movie with your family. You should watch comedy, romantic and inspirational movies. Please avoid horror and violent movies.
6. Find your passion – Passion is critical to happiness and you know it very well that happier people live longer. It is not easy to find your passion. I have found my passion that is to writing and helping people improve their life.
7. Dress well – Clothes affect the way you feel about yourself. When you wear good clothes you feel more confident and happy. When you don’t look good, you feel inferior to others. So get to buy good quality clothes that will boost your confidence. Tell me if it is true that only 20% of your clothes are worn 80% of the time.
8. Manage your time – Most successful people would tell you that time is the most important asset you have in your life. Time management is life management. If you want to improve your life, you must first learn how to manage your time.
9. Replace soft drinks with water – If you want a better health then you simply need to replace sodas or soft drinks with water. Water is one of the best tools that helps in loosing body fat. Being dehydrated can weaken your energy level and make you feel tired. People who drink 5 glasses of water per day are 41% less likely to die from a heart attack.
10. Write down your goals – Make a list of all the things you want to achieve in your life. Write down 100 goals that you want to achieve in next 10 years. I can assure you that if you write down your 100 goals and rewrite them once per week, you will definitely find ways to achieve most of them.
11. Be positive – The one quality that all great achievers have in common is their positive mental attitude. You cannot achieve success in your life unless you think positively most of the time. When you think about your goals, say to yourself “I am on the road to achieve my goals” and “I know I can do it.”
12. Exercise – Health exercise is good for your brain and body. With a better brain and better body, you can live a better life. Everyday you have a choice to improve or hurt your brain and body. When your brain and body function well, you get creative ideas to make your life beautiful.
13. Destroy fear – To build confidence and destroy fear, you must first identify your fears. If you have fear of loosing your job then you should improve your working skills and save some money in the bank to survive in case you lose your job. If you have fear of loosing some important clients then work doubly hard to give them better services.
14. Live frugally – Frugal is a good word. Frugal means making full use of all the things, the reduction of wastes, seeking efficiency and embracing cost-free options. If you want to achieve financial freedom, you must cut your expenses by living frugally.
15. Law of belief – According to this law, you become and achieve what you think most of the time. In other words, whatever you believe becomes your reality. If you think about success and your goals most of the time, you will surely achieve them. The size of your success is determined by the size of your belief.
16. Get a good sleep – Whenever you are working for longer hours, you are actually decreasing your productivity and efficiency. Creativity is actually one of the first things to go when you don’t sleep enough. One of the main difference between people who are ten times more effective than others is that they sleep for enough hours and become more creative and productive.
17. Read Motivational Books and Materials – A sharp and well-informed mind is a good booster in personal development and progress in one’s life and career. You should real good inspirational and educational books in the morning for at least 20 minutes daily to be on the road to success. This will help you stay focussed and rejuvenate you in the pursuit of your dream goals.
18. Be Social and Kind – You need to associate with good, positive and successful people to become one of them. Your level of income and happiness will always be equal to the average of 5 persons, you spend most of your time. So choose your friend carefully. Do something kind to them everyday.
19. Make a Budget – If you want to live a happy life, you would need money. So to get more money you need to spend less than you earn. You have to create a budget to know how much you are earning and how much you are spending every month. Budget is essential to improve your financial health.
20. Live in now – Accept the things as they are and enjoy your life now. If your life is not as you want then you are responsible for it. Take full responsibility of your life and start taking actions now to improve your life.